Thursday, March 30, 2017

Some Pho & Some Horses


Finally! It was warm this week. I don't know what crawled up Mother Nature's rear end last week, but she was a cranky witch and it barely climbed out of the 40s. I was not a happy turtle. Let's hope this is really the start of spring. Of course, today it's back in the 50s, but this weekend it'll be nice again. Maybe.

I've decided to take a break from the heaviness of my series After Disclosure (Compartmentalization, & It's Not Personal) and share some pictures I took while picking up some pho last week. Isn't pho the best? I love it! This police officer just trotted by as I was walking out with my bag full of food. You can see said bag o' food in the reflection if you look real close:



He was kind enough to stop and wait for some kids to snap pictures with their parents before he joined his partner and went into a nearby neighborhood. 


I've seen them exercise the horses in our neighborhood several times before because we have woods and a small farm adjacent to us, but this is the first time I've seen them go through a strip mall. I thought it was a great way for the police to not just make their presence known, but also do a meet and greet with the public while training and exercising the horses. 

Because lemme tell ya, it wasn't just the kids that were excited to see them, it was the adults too, present company included. Lots of grown-ups stopped them and asked to take their picture, and some of them reached out to shake their hands and thank them for their service. One of them was in his military uniform. That was cool to see. It gave me the warm and fuzzies inside. One service member thanking another. Selfless.

Have you seen mounted police in your neighborhood? What have you seen lately that's given you the warm and fuzzies?

 


On a side note, I checked out my seller's rankings on Amazon last weekend and look where I was!




Steps Along My Shore: My Personal Tale & Tips When Discovering You're Married to a Sex Addict Kindle Edition by Elsie Amata (Author)


See all 2 formats and editions


Product details
  • File Size: 538 KB
  • Print Length: 141 pages
  • Publication Date: June 8, 2016
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B01GT52Z4I
  • Text-to-Speech: Enabled 
  • X-Ray:
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
 
 

Not bad for someone who doesn't advertise, huh? Sure, I know it'll change by tomorrow, but hey, it's still awesome to see at this very moment. I'm still not sure how people hear about my book, but I'm not complaining. I make enough to pay half my Netflix bill each month, and more importantly, I think I'm actually helping people. I might really be making a difference in people's lives. That gives me even more warm fuzzies! Woot! Woot!

And still another side note: I'll be at work this morning, but only for a few hours, so I'll be by later this afternoon to see everyone. 




28 comments:

  1. That's awesome your book is doing so well. Helping others was your goal.
    Can't say I've ever seen mounted police in our town. I'm sure they were very popular wandering through that mall area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I am excited to see sales and know I'm helping in my small way. I didn't start seeing the mounted police until the last few years. It's really cool. I love seeing them trot through the neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. Haven't seen any coppers on a horse here, besides in parades as the mounties go to it. That is great that everyone took notice in a positive way. All I could think was that would get hard on the ass and nether region riding them all day lol so not warm and fuzzy.

    That is great indeed. And hey, half a netflix bill beats paying the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I have yet to go to a parade here. I used to go to tons of parades when I lived in the south, but since I'm back up north, not so much. Not sure why. Maybe because after Mardi Gras, the rest pale in comparison? I'll take any help I can get paying any of my bills!

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen cops on horses since...wow I don't even know. Probably when I lived in SF! Congratulations on your book stats too! That's so awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to see them. Brings out the kid in me for sure. Thanks for the kudos on my book. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  4. Love these pics. We have too some cops on horse, but in some towns not in all.
    The horses are beautiful anyway!
    Nice for you arrive the warm weather!! Enjoy
    We are begining autumn!! Send you hugs and love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria, not the best pictures because they're from my phone, but still not too bad. They really are beautiful animals. I'm so excited about the warmer weather headed our way. Yay! Love and hugs to you too!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your book's success.

    Oh, I would be right there wanting a photo. Not sure of the breed. Not drafts, but they are heavy walkers. Beautiful horses. (I'm a draft horse junkie - I have a whole board dedicated to them on Pinterest.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I'm not sure of the breed either, but you're right, they were heavy walkers. I have a friend from the south who has horses and they are similar to hers but I can't for the life of me remember what she has. I love that you have a passion for horses. :)

      Delete
  6. I have seen one along Toronto city specially during marches ~ Good to know that your book is doing well ~ Congrats and have a good week ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Grace. They're so majestic. You have a fantastic week too.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the sales! Always good to see "your name in lights"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. It was really cool to see the numbers. Of course today, I'm #80 & #121...the numbers didn't last long, but it was still fun to see while it lasted, even for just a moment.

      Delete
  8. Great pics and I always love seeing cops on horseback...something neat about that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Birgit. I was like a little kid when I saw them in shopping center. It was so much fun!

      Delete
  9. Well done Elsi - that's great ... the book is doing well - and I'm sure helping others. I hear horses going up the Parade onto the Downs ... but I'm not sure where the stables are - and have never seen them in or around town - out in the Sussex countryside ... yes ... must have been a lovely interlude - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. It must sound so neat to hear the clip-clop of their hooves as they trot by on their way by. We have a few stables near us so I'm thinking they may have some of their horses stabled in them.

      Delete
  10. I liked the photos of the horses, I like the look of horses but up close they scare the shit out of me although I have been on a horse once in my life way back when I was a teenager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I've been on a horse too. The first time I was on one, it backed me into a sticker bush. Ouch! But then when I was older, I got back on and loved it.

      Delete
  11. Oh I def agree on mother nature. She's a little menopausal I think. :) We don't have the mounted police here in WV. Loved seeing the photo's and congrats on the Amazon ratings! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she has had her panties in a wad. We were hit with some severe storms a couple of days ago that did a lot of damage to people's homes. It was a scary night for sure. Mother Nature needs to settle herself down. Thank you for the kudos and have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  12. Impressive. Woohoo! I'm thrilled for you to have such great rankings! And yeah, we have police on horses here. It's a sexy sight (even when they're female). <-the horses, that is. Wink.
    Love ya, and enjoy the weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me! That made me chuckle. But of course, you're good at that. ;) Enjoy your Sunday. I hope it's a sun-filled day! Love you!

      Delete
  13. I'm sure there are lots of people who are really interested in your book because they need the help you're giving them. I think it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my hope, Blue. I don't want people to make the same mistakes I did, and as you know, because you've been with me for a long, that I made a ton 'o mistakes!

      Delete
  14. Cheers to your book doing so well! I'm going to celebrate, in your honor, with pho (pretty much my favorite food ever).

    And yep, I'd be excited to see that, too. We don't have those here. Mostly just big fat police officers with bushy mustaches on little motorcycles... hardly a picturesque sight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refused to eat pho for the longest time. I don't know why. It just seemed like expensive Ramen soup to me, but then I tried it one day and was like, "Wow, this is some amazing stuff!" Love it!

      We have plenty of those police here too. Sneaky guys too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm here to help any way I can.