Friday, March 18, 2016

Favorite Quotes

Have you ever watched a movie so many times you can quote a line before it's coming? Yeah me too. Here are just a few of my favorites:




"If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy."
From one of my all time favorite 80's films The Breakfast Club. One of the movies many I can watch over and over.

"What's our vector, Victor?"
Another 80's classic, Airplane. Most of the humor would be frowned upon today. Not Politically Correct at all. Probably why I love it so much.

NSFW
"I'll fight ya for it."
Snatch
If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it. Lots of cursing and some, okay, lots of violence, but a great movie. And Brad Pitt looks great with his shirt off. Just sayin'.


"I can't put my arms down!"
Christmas Story. Too bad it's a holiday movie. It's filled with so many classic lines, I'd watch it year round!


I can just about quote this entire movie. My kids can't even watch it with me...or my husband. We're that annoying.
Here are just a few of my favs:
"Kill the queen!"
"She's so drunk!"
"Bye! Bye! Bye!"
"You got some red on you."
Shaun of the Dead
Great flick. Seriously. I love it. A lot. I'm a true fan.
Have I mentioned I adore this movie?

But this isn't a post just about movie quotes. Nope. It's about meeting quotes too. Here are some of the one's that get me thinking and/or inspired:
  • Live and Let Live.
  • Negativity is my disease asking me to come out and play.
  • Just because you’re having a bad day, doesn’t mean you’re having a bad life.
  • Sometimes the hardest decision in life is which bridge to cross and which one to burn.
  • Resentments take a lot of work. They need to be held close, fed, and kept warm. Cause if you don’t take good care of them, they die. And then what good would resentment be if it died?
  • Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday so live in the now.
  • If I have one eye on yesterday and one eye on tomorrow, I’ll be cockeyed today. 
  • Today is a very important day! It’s the only day you may have!
  • Are you comparing your insides to someone else’s outsides?
  • Would I rather be right, or would I rather be happy?
  • It takes a powerful man to rule over all with a loud voice. It takes a truly wise man to change one person’s view with a whisper.
  • Humility is a perpetual quietness of heart. (from Dr. Bob’s desk plaque).
  • If God made anything better than this, He kept it for Himself!
  • I may not always know God’s will, but I always know what His will is not.
  • If the grass is greener on the other side, it must be because of all the fertilizer they are putting on it.
  • Things aren’t necessarily going wrong just because they aren’t going my way.
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
  • We are not failing as long as we are trying.
  • I don’t always know how to make it better but I sure know how to make it worse but I’ll always keep on trying.
  • By changing attitudes and finding solutions through our program of recovery, we can regain freedom and joy.
  • We must become the change we want to see – Ghandi
  • Love is less a feeling than a thousand tiny acts of kindness.
  • Keep your acceptance level high and your expectation level low.
  • There are several paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is still the same.
  • I cannot mend if I bend the truth.
  • Take the program seriously, not yourself.
  • When you are in fear you should remember to go to your HP and T.R.U.S.T. = Try Really Using Step Three.
  • The problem with isolation is I’m the only one I get my solutions from.
  • When I’m alone and thinking, I’m behind enemy lines.
  • Isolation is the dark room I enter to develop my negatives.
  • This is my opinion. If you don’t agree or like what I have to say, then pray for me because I always want to improve and I always want to get better.
Do you have any favorite movie or life quotes?

(Early post this week because I have family fun filled planned this weekend. Hope you do too!)




39 comments:

  1. I know what God's will isn't - Amen to that.
    Airplane is so un-PC and it's just awesome. Back when people weren't oversensitive crybabies. Most Mel Brooks films fall into the un-PC category.
    My wife and I spout movie quotes at each other all the time. Ones from MST3K movies usually top the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of great quotes!

      "It's good to be the king!" Now I want to watch History of the World Part I, a classic non PC film. Devin and I do the same thing with movie quotes. Annoy the heck out of the kids. hehehe

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a post! I can quote Monty Python routines til the cows come home.

    There's a lot of wisdom and maturity boiled down into those handy, dandy program quotations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watch Python movies in years. When I watched them year before last, I found I'd been misquoting them all along - horrible!! And now it's too late. I can't quote it right because I'd been quoting it wrong for so long! haha

      Yeah, lots of great quotes in the program. Lots of wisdom pass through those rooms.

      Delete
  3. I love the quotes you picked. Airplane is one of my fave movies. I read some trivia where Peter Graves said he was appalled at the things he was supposed to say to that little boy and didn't want to do it.

    One of my fave quotes is from the musical 'Scrooge', with Albert Finney. The Ghost of Christmas Present says, "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can, in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly you're not there anymore."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet he was shocked at some of the things he had to say to that kid. But man, it was hysterical because of it.

      Wow! The quote you picked is fantastic, JoJo. I don't remember it being in the movie at all. I'm sure it was but I just don't recall it. I'm glad you wrote it on my blog because now I can come back to it. Thank you for sharing it here.

      Delete
  4. haha the cat burns all the bridges and watches the humans drown. Then he hops across on their heads. Win win, had to as I read that one.

    There are a few movies I can quote word for word. Airplane sure wouldn't fly with the PC idiots of today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, cat, it's a wonder that Pat and Cassie put up with you at all. It's a good thing you know how to rhyme with all the bridges you burn and cans you toss along the way.

      No, Airplane along with many other 80's movies have gone the way of the dodo bird.

      Delete
  5. Rectum, damn near killed him! Men in Black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great movie! Such a great combination those two!

      Delete
  6. A few of my favorites from a movie that I know you can quote very well (Young Frankenstein): "Walk this way" and "Nice knockers" and - gotta watch it again, I can't remember more right now.
    Love ya, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you know it! "Put the candle back!" "Abby something?" - I need to watch it again too. I just watched another favorite of mine last night with the family: Zombieland. Love that flick! "Time to nut up or shut up! haha Love you too!

      Delete
  7. Hi Elise - great clips and quotes .. and you're getting lots more in the comments ... loved seeing them and reading the snippets ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Hilary, this is a fun post for me to read. It inspires me to do another one soon. Have a wonderful Sunday :)

      Delete
  8. My favorite non-movie quote is "When the dream's big enough, the facts don't count."

    My favorite movie quote right now is "Banana!" for obvious reasons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the non-movie quote! And is the banana quote from Despicable Me? Well, the minions?

      Delete
  9. That's one of those topics I'll have to follow myself around for a while to see what I actually say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say way too many things to often - actually is one of them...actually.

      Delete
  10. What an interesting posts, Elsie! I can remember watching "Men in Black" with my family some years ago, a wild mixture of generations with friends and boyfriend and girlriend added to the mix. Everyone shouted lines throughout the entire movie! We had glasses of wine. bottles of beer, and way too much fun! One of my favorite memories! Lots of quotes to live by in the group you shared. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we did last night when we watched Zombieland! It was so much fun! Each of us had favorite lines/parts and when it came up we'd look at each other and act it out or say it. "Pacific Playland" - just the way Woody Harrelson says it is hilarious. Same with the entire scene with Bill Murray in the movie theatre. Just a great movie. Glad you can relate!!

      Delete
  11. Very interesting quotes... inspiring and provoke positive in attitude. Wish I could watch Snatch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, I wish you could've watched the snippet. Although it has a ton of cursing in it.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. It is my favorite Christmas movie of all time! Tim has great taste :)

      Delete
  13. Hell yes so bloody good quotes here and some bloody good movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love movie quotes. Someone did a spoof on The Christmas Story "fudge" scene. lol I think it was Family Guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I love that scene from Christmas Story. One of my favorites!!

      Delete
  15. Most of the Monty Python films - typical Brit... Who Framed Roger Rabbit too, Nightmare before Christmas... etc.

    Life qoutes - hmm... loads but favourites are.

    Progress not perfection
    Don't treat people how you expect to be treated - treat them how THEY expect to be treated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes, typical Brit, Graham. Oh my gosh, I forgot all about Who Framed Roger Rabbit, such a classic flick. My kids watched it all the time back in the day. Hmm, not sure I agree with the second life quote. What if the person is a total narcissist? haha

      Delete
  16. I am terrible with getting lines to movies down but there are multiple parts of Big Lebowski and Jaws that I have down. I love Airplane!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, Libby. I'm notorious for thinking I have the line correct only to find out months, or even years later, that it's totally wrong. haha!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Keith! It's great to see you! Ah, yes, Goonies, an 80's classic. I haven't seen that one in forever in a day.

      Delete
  18. I love reciting a good movie line, and you've listed many of my favorite quotable movies here.

    And yes, Airplane is still one of my all time favorites. I have a drinking problem. Cream? No thanks, I take my coffee black... like my men. Don't call me Shirley. Good times, good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black...like my men - yep! Love that line. If you like Airplane, you'll love the new series Steve Carrell show, Angie Tribeca. It's exactly that style of humor. Silly, silly and hidden stuff in the background like in Top Secret. It's awesome.

      Delete
  19. Speaking of....
    A friend's wife gave birth to a baby boy who was born without eyelids. Luckily, the doctors were able to fashion a set from when they circumcised him. He's okay now, just a little cockeyed.
    BA DUM BUM. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ba Dum Bum! I'll be here all week folks!

      You're a real laugh riot, Al!! hehehehe

      Delete
  20. Speaking of....
    A friend's wife gave birth to a baby boy who was born without eyelids. Luckily, the doctors were able to fashion a set from when they circumcised him. He's okay now, just a little cockeyed.
    BA DUM BUM. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm here to help any way I can.