Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Summer is ending? An IWSG Post




September? My calendar must be wrong. The summer can’t be ending. It was too much fun for it to be over already. **double checking wall calendar** -well, hunh, lookey there…it really is over.

I’d be lying if I said I was happy to know the cooler weather was on its way. I’m not. Not even a little. But with fall comes football so at least I have that to look forward- oh wait. I’m a Giants fan. We’ll be lucky if we break even this year. Stupid JPP and his fireworks accident. Ugh! 

There must be something awesome about the arrival of fall. Ah, yes! I got it! I can get back to blogging and become active in the Insecure Writer’s Support Group again. Hooray!

This month I’m not feeling insecure at all. A little scared because my mafia book is almost completed but that’s a post for another day. I actually feel good about my writing because I’ve gotten quite a bit done on my self-help book over the last couple months.

It was a good idea for me to put it down then pick it back up again after some time passed. It allowed me to get back that perspective I had lost. Time to remember just how far I’ve come in my healing process and as a couple with Devin. Time really did make my heart grow fonder for the book that once had me feeling so insecure and confused about my writing skills. I’m an awesome writer. Just ask me; I’ll tell ya.

I’m still on track to have it finished by the end of the year. Maybe not published, but at least in its final editing stage. That makes me super happy and super grateful for all I’ve learned the last two years when I decided to really buckle down and be an aspiring writer instead of imagining how cool it'd be.



How about you? Did you have a good summer too? What adventures did you have while I was away? Were you able to fit in some writing along with some playtime?

(Side note: I have work today so I'll pop in on everyone later this afternoon.)

~~Thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for making the IWSG happen.  You rock!~~

This has been a part of the Insecure Writer Support Group. A place to talk about your struggles and your joys. Please join in on the fun. We'd love to have you.  Special thanks to the other co-hosts: Julie Flanders, Murees DupĂ©, Dolorah at Book Lover, Christine Rains, and Heather Gardner! 


30 comments:

  1. Well, maybe the Giants will surprise you. Yeah, I know, probably not!
    Glad you are feeling good about your manuscript now. If you're excited about the book, it will come through in the writing.
    And welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Giants may just surprise me - we have a lot of strong players, so who knows? Thanks for the welcome back, it feels good to return!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you had a wonderful summer! May autumn be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra. I don't know, autumn brings cold weather…gross!

      Delete
  3. I spent the last month writing like a maniac. Almost finished with the story.

    Once you're finished with your book, let me know. I can suggest some publishers who might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on almost finishing, that's awesome for you! Wow, thanks for the offer, Diane. It's greatly appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Had a pretty mellow summer, but I did get to the beach twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a mellow summer, much better than stressful. I need to get the beach again soon before it gets too chilly.

      Delete
  5. What? Who are you? Wait, that one eyed thing? I thought she was extinct. damn, the cat can never catch a break lol

    Awesome that you almost got your first book done and your other one too. 2016 may be the year of you haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right. I've been gone so long everyone has forgotten about me…except you cat. You never fail to disappoint with your insults. Oh, please, my two books in what, two years and you have what? 150? haha

      Delete
    2. lol only nearing 100, give me another year or two and it will be 150

      Delete
  6. What summer? It went by so fast and I have zero to show for it. It was hot and humid, or raining, on the days when I was free to do stuff and nice when I wasn't. No day trips done. Just the Barnstable County Fair, mini golf a couple weeks ago and a few walks but not near as many as I took last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm surprised you didn't make a lot of days trips. That's not like you at all. So sorry the weather has been too gross to go anywhere this summer. My daughter and I played mini golf, it was so much fun!

      Delete
  7. I hate to see the end of Summer as well. It's been the best I've had since I moved here and life is pretty sweet.

    Glad to hear your doing well and the books are moving forward at such a good clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to read that you are doing well and life has been good to you. That's fantastic to hear! You deserve it!!

      Delete
  8. It's great to hear you so positive! Excelsior!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chris. It's great to feel so positive!

      Delete
  9. Great to see you back! And congrats on your writing progress. You made me laugh about football and the Giants. I'm a Bengals fan so think how I feel LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It's great to be back. I've missed blogging but I appreciated the break too. Yep, you're right there with me with the Bengals. Good luck to us both!

      Delete
  10. It was up and down. Can't say I got "lots" of work done but I made small progress. Great to hear your summer was productive!

    IWSG September Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small progress is better than zero progress and I've been at the zero mark before when it comes to writing! Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. Adventures? I wish, Elsie. I spent the entire month of August working 60 hours a week, but at least I've got a job, right. You'll get that book finished. I'm not a fan of the cooler weather that's on its way either :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I dread the coming of fall actually :-( But good for you to get your writing and editing & you are on track for getting it published soon ~ Hope you are well Elsie ~ Enjoy summer for as long as it last ~

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you have been busy and have accomplished quite a bit so congrats to you. It is so hot outside, like soup, that I crave the cooler weather....sorry:) I have had many weekends with either having people over or going to their place and just busy with that overall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer is always fun despite hot being, we always look forward to the winter as it was the coolest time and being shortest summer survives forever. I too hear people complain about the conclusion of summer thus earlier there. But glad it ends to bring you back in blogging :)

    Cheers Elsie! Happy that your writing has been going well and you feel safe about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! Good to know that you know you're an awesome writer! Those very personal books need plenty of time to collect dust, while we collect ourselves and get back to it with a new perspective.
    Great to see you again, my friend. I've missed you.
    Happy almost-Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Good to know that you know you're an awesome writer! Those very personal books need plenty of time to collect dust, while we collect ourselves and get back to it with a new perspective.
    Great to see you again, my friend. I've missed you.
    Happy almost-Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back! I was wondering where you were. What you were doing. How you were feeling. Oh wait, we e-mail all the time. Never mind. Back to editing!...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm here to help any way I can.